This is Oh My Blog! A brand new monthly interview series featuring a whole host of fellow bloggers. Each month, we’ll be bringing you different themed posts showcasing the very best bloggers out there. This month, the questions are based on the fitting February topic of love!
This month, we’re meeting Lisa from lisacowan.co.uk.
1. Tell us about yourself and your blog.
Hey I’m Lisa from www.lisacowan.co.uk! I’m from Manchester and talk about all things beauty, (winging it sort of) parenting and lifestyle. I have a daughter called Imogen who was born in May 2016. I’m 24 and a bit of a book lover, a list maker and have a hatred for Peppa Pig.
2. What is your current relationship status?
My current relationship status is ‘in a relationship’. I’ve been with my boyfriend for a couple of years now!
3. Do you ever celebrate Valentine’s’ Day?
Normally, no. I’ve never actually been able to properly celebrate it because whoever I was with each year has either never done anything or has been working. Hopefully this year I’ll be surprised. I’d love to go all out!
4. It’s your first date! Where do you go?
For a first date I always recommend something fun. Coffee dates can dry up, cinema is a no go in my books as you can’t talk and dinner dates make me nervous! I recommend mini golf or lazer quest. It’s something fun, you can talk and you can see what kind of person they are!
5. What’s the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
The most romantic thing was probably when my boyfriend booked a trip away for us to Germany when we had only been going out for a couple of months. We both needed a break and it was an amazing time!
6. What is your favourite romantic film? Cheesier the better.
Oh gosh. I love rom coms. 13 going on 30, Clueless, Pretty Woman, Love Actually although my favourite is probably 10 Things I Hate About You.
7. Spill the beans! Who’s your celebrity crush?
Honestly I don’t have a celebrity crush. Ed Westwick, Tom Hardy and Jared Leto are cute but I don’t drool or fantasize over anyone. I’m boring!
8. Flowers are pretty popular at this time of year. Do you like receiving them or do they really not float your boat?
I love flowers. Until R, no one ever bought them for me and I have to remind him to buy me them on birthdays/special days. It would be nice if he just randomly turned up with some!
9. Do you have children? Do you want any (or any more)?
I have a daughter who’s currently 8 months old. I never wanted children in the first place but after having her, as much trouble as she is, I would like another child in a few years time.
10. What would be (or was) your choice of song for your first dance at your wedding?
I’ve never really thought about it. I would rather have something that would make me move with the music rather than something heartfelt with lyrics. I think there’s too much emphasis on them! No Ed Sheeran any time soon!
11. Do you have any plans yet for Valentine’s Day 2017?
I wish! I have to wait for R to get his work rota, but my backup plan is to buy some dairy free chocolate and have a jammies and watch cartoons with my daughter. Basically, another normal day.
12. Raw oysters are pretty famous for being an aphrodisiac. Have you ever tried them?
I’ve never tried them myself! I don’t like fish at all. It’s the texture and smell that do it for me. Nope. Not any time soon!
13. Imagining money’s no object, where would you go for a romantic getaway?
I would love to either go to somewhere cold like Finland and snuggle up watching the night sky or somewhere hot like Bali and spend it on the beach!
14. What’s the best Valentine’s gift you’ve ever received?
I’ve never received one.
15. Finally, what is the number one most important thing you value in a relationship?
Trust is the most important thing to me in a relationship. I’ve been in a lot of relationships where trust has been neglected and I now struggle to trust anyone at all whether it being in a relationship or a friendship. There are lots of values that are needed to make up a relationship but that is my main one.
You can keep up to date with Lisa over at her blog and social media channels!
Blog URL: www.lisacowan.co.uk